These are unprecedented times and we need to honor this by PRIMING. PRIME= Participate, Regenerate, Illuminate, Myself EVERYDAY. If you are no longer working and participating in society the way you did previously, please PRIME. If all you can muster up is a playlist, then go for it. The solfeggio tones, which are readily found on ITunes and Spotify, have been known to decrease/stop viruses & bacteria. So crank up the tunes for the benefit of all beings.
Feelings from a Traditional Chinese Medicine point of view are connected to one of your organ/meridian systems. We have to ask, which came first, the organ dysfunction or the feeling? For every negative feeling, there is it’s opposite so you have a roadmap. It starts with knowing in your mind. Right now, we are in the season of the liver . Springtime- now until summer when we move into heart. Liver is the wood in TCM, and wood supports fire= heart. The Liver, from a Chinese Medicine viewpoint:
- Opens into the eyes (red eyes, itchy eyes, bloodshot)
- Maintains free flow of qi (opposite of stuck) PMS= stuck qi/ breast tenderness
- Stores blood, esp. At night which is why if you feel worse in the morning (ie, irritable), we can look to the liver
- Controls tendons (tightness, numbness, spasms and contractions)
- Houses HUN- a name for the ethereal soul, an aspect of consciousness or soul/spirit.
- Time for the liver 1-3pm/ folks that wake up at 3pm most likely have a liver imbalance, moving from liver to lung (second round of business for coffee shops? 3-5pm- time of UB, 5-7pm is kidney/adrenals- if you work until 5pm, go home, lie down, legs up and REST for even 5-10 minutes.
Solutions for LIVER/GB imbalance meridian. This is from Susun Weed, herbalist extraordinaire:
Step 0: Do Nothing
(sleep, meditate, unplug the clock or the telephone)
Step 1: Collect Information
(low-tech diagnosis, books, support groups, divination)
Step 2: Engage the Energy
(prayer, homeopathy, ceremony, affirmations, laughter)
Step 3: Nourish and Tonify
(herbal infusions and vinegars, hugs, exercise, food choices, gentle massage, yoga stretches)
Step 4: Stimulate/Sedate
(hot or cold water, many herbal tinctures, acupuncture)
Liver 3- moves the blood/ Liver 14 Exit point
Step 5a: Use Supplements &/or Medicinal remedies
(synthesized or concentrated vitamins, minerals, and food substances such as nutritional yeast, blue-green algae, bran)
Step 5b: Use Western Drugs
(chemotherapy, tamoxifen, hormones, high dilution homeopathics, and potentially toxic herbs)
Step 6: Break and Enter
(threatening language, surgery, colonics, radiation therapies, psychoactive drugs, invasive diagnostic tests such as mammograms and C-T scans)
This is how we PRIME!
- Our bodies are designed to heal;
- How you feel and what you think matters;
- What you do everyday matters the most,
- Real health is cultivated over a lifetime,
- Self-care is the best health-care.
- Take care of yourself so that you can be of benefit to others.