What does it mean to oleate? It means to use any kind of oil or fat, such as *ghee to lubricate and prepare impurities to be removed from deep within the gastrointestinal tract. This healing and nourishing practice also draws heavy metals and toxins toward the digestive tract to be flushed from the body. For Internal Oleation we would need to ingest the fat vs External Oleation where fat or oil is applied topically to the skin.
Although they say that any oil or fat can be used for oleation, I like to use ghee. It can easily be worked into your recipes, possibly replacing butters and oils and even added to teas. Ghee has many benefits for digestive and intestinal health as noted on
- Flushes old bile from the body.
- Stimulates the liver to make new bile, so 94% of old toxic bile is not re-absorbed.
- Scrubs the intestines of toxins and bad bugs.
- Supports the primary source of energy and immunity for the cells of the gut.
- Supports the health of the beneficial bacteria in the gut who make butyrate.
- Lubricates and softens the hardened tissues of the body.
- Pulls stored fat soluble toxins and molecules of emotion out of the body.
- Encourages fat metabolism and weight loss.
- Supports stable mood and energy levels.
- Protects against bad bacteria in the gut.
For a detailed approach to a progressive detox using ghee, visit: https://qatoqi.com/ayurveda/detox.htm
*Ghee is clarified butter and can be purchased or made at home; make sure that it is organic