Endocrine Disruptors Lead to Egg Decline and Miscarriage
Our bodies are miraculously designed to heal themself, self-renew, repair and replenish. So if this is not happening and we have symptoms ranging from acid reflux, back pain or migraines, what is going on? It’s often a case of removing something before replacing.
I hate to only focus on what is not working in the world (pollution, poison food, erratic medical care) and I think we need to balance it out by focusing on what is working in the world (innovations in health technology, amazing diagnostic tools, access to life changing information right at our finger tips).
If you are listening to this now or reading this, it’s most likely because you have experienced a decline in your overall egg quality or had a miscarriage. And, you also know that you cannot continue to do the same things and get the same results.
The body must change in order to have difference results. The change begins in the mind-thinking which leads to our emotions. I always talk about paying attention to our “triggers”. It can be very subtle and the subtle changes often lead to the biggest changes in our psycho-biology.
So- after you get a handle on your thoughts- feelings- triggers and reactions, then what?
Let’s take a good look at what is causing an imbalance in your endocrine system and leading to unwanted results for you. Remember, our nervous system controls our endocrine system so we have to completely restore how resilient we are, how adaptive we are to stressful situations, how well we sleep/rest and engage our energy throughout the day.
If you want to learn my “Rapid Nervous System Reset” – go to my YouTube channel via my website: jenniferwaters.net. I teach you what I call the “tongue/toes/hum” technique which can be done anywhere, anytime and for any length of time. How’s that as an invitation to compliance? Hard to not agree to those parameters. The more freedom we have, the more likely we are to comply hopefully!!
Okay, so what are some of the things that ramp up our nervous system to then cascade into our endocrine system and ultimately affect the quality & quantity of your eggs (aka a collection of cells loaded with mitochondria) and possibly contribute your RPL, recurring pregnancy loss or miscarriage?
Here’s a brief synopsis of what has happened. At the turn of the previous century, dangers and unnatural chemicals were introduced to us because of the lure of convenience and affordability. People welcomed this opportunity to enjoy luxuries that generations prior had not experienced. However, what people didn’t know is that these luxuries came with a price. And the price would not be revealed for many generations. The price that we have paid has been deadly and unfortunately, it’s all in the name of profit- corporate greed.
What are endocrine disruptors? They are chemicals or toxins that affect human, and animal, endocrine systems typically by mimicking hormones and disruption hormone function. Hormones are one of the body’s essential messenger systems and are responsible for triggering some of our most transformative processes including growth, puberty and reproduction.
Per the article written by Emma Suttie, Here is a list of the 12 toxins which affect your overall egg quality and may contribute to miscarriage:
- BPA, Bisphenol A, from plastic water bottles, food containers, thermal receipt paper, coating inside metal cans. Use glass, look for the BPA-free label.
- Atrazine, a potent endocrine disruptor and most commonly used herbicide in the USA. It has been banned in the European Union in 2004 and yet here in the greedy USA, it continues to be widely used. It has been directly linked to causing cancer and reproductive problems. It’s found in commercially grown corn, macadamia nuts, residential lawns and other places. Avoid it by buying organic fruit/veggies (skin vs. not skin), get a good water filter and please, please don’t spray your lawn. Weed Lives Matter!!
- Dioxins, formed during many industrial processes. Research shows that exposure to low levels in the womb early in life can permanently affect sperm quality and lower sperm count in men during their reproductive years. The EPA, environmental protection agency, estimates that 90% of human exposure is though non organic animal fats, meat, dairy. Farm raised organic is a must! Let’s support our local farmers, they deserve it.
- Phthalates, pronounced THALATE, have been linked to hormone changes, lowered sperm count, sperm motility, birth defects in themale reproductive system, obesity, thyroid irregularities and more. They are ubiquitous and found in plastic food containers, children’s toys, plastic wrap made with PVS (recycling label No. 3), some personal care products and nearly anything with “fragrance” which is deadly on many levels. Avoid them by using glass, fabric and metal food/water containers, read labels, avoid plastic wrap and use organic health and beauty products.
- Perchlorate, used as an oxidizer in rocket fuel and according to government data, now contaminates most of our product and milk supply. This chemical competes with iodine, essential to thyroid function. This is mainly found in contaminated, or tap, water and food. Get a good water filter, eat organic and supplement with iodine as needed.
- Arsenic, a naturally occurring metal found in the earths crust. It’s also a known hormone disruptor/poison that exists in our food and water. Higher levels of arsenic can simply kill you but smaller doses disrupt hormones and can cause cancer, it’s primarily linked to how the body processes sugar and has been linked to weight gain and less and insulin resistance to name a few. It’s find in contaminated groundwater, seafood, rice, cereal ,mushrooms to name a few. You can find an on-line map showing arsenic concentrations in soil and water. Use a good filer, eat clean and know that white rice has less arsenic than brown rice.
- Fire Retardants, I have a personal story to share, contain persistent chemicals known as polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) and are know to disrupt thyroid hormones, cause memory and learning problems ans well as infertility to name a few. They are found in furniture, carpeting, children’s PJ’s, and many other places. Read labels, allow off-gassing of new household items, use a HEPA filer on your vacuum to avoid toxic dust.
- Glycol Ethers, a large group of organic solvents found in cleaning products and paint. These primarily affect sperm quality, motility and morphology. They are common in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, liquid soaps and many other places. Use natural products. PERIOD. Read labels, educate yourself.
- Organophosphate Pesticides are a group of man-made chemicals that target the nervous system of insects and are the most widely used insecticide. They’re used in agriculture, homes, gardens and by veterinarians for treatments on pets. Exposure can lead to how testosterone communicates with other cells in the body, lowers testosterone levels and alter thyroid hormones. Embrace natural flea and tick collars, avoid pesticides period and buy organic.
- Perfluorinated chemicals are so ubiquitous and enduring that 99 % of North Americans have them in their bodies, even though they were banned in 2016 (not long ago!!), many are entirely resistant to biodegradation which means they are here to stay unfortunately. Exposure is linked to decreased sperm quality, thyroid disease to name a few. Animal stuides have proven that they affect thyroid and sex hormone levels. They are found in fast food containers and wrappers, microwave popcorn bags, pizza boxes, water and oil repellents, nonstick cookware, clearing products and more. Avoid using non-stick pans, eat organic, and no fast-food and avoid products labeled “stain” or “water-resistant”.
- Mercury, a naturally occurring but toxic metal released into the air and oceans primarily by burning coal. It enters our seafood supply this way. It is practically in all fish and shellfish. Swordfish contains high levels. If you’re going to eat fish, stick with smaller fish such as salmon, shrimp, cod and sardines. Add cilantro and spirulina into your diet as these chelate out heavy metals.
- Lead, everyone knows that this is a very deadly heavy metal and in particular, destructive to they hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and nervous system. Lead can still be found in house paint in older homes (don’t let your children chew on the wall!!), makeups, older water pipes, imported canned good. Eliminate old, crumbling paint, beware if you live in an older home- assume it’s a problem, get a good water filer and air purifier if possible.
In terms of the endocrine “hierarchy”, meaning the hypothalamus/pineal/pituitary are at the top, the ovaries are at the bottom. Disruptions often begin in the top and yet we don’t know there are imbalances until they manifest at the bottom. Meaning, by the time a woman is diagnosed with PCOS, the ovaries have been receiving a distorted message for a long time.
So we need to pay attention to the subtle messages that begin in the upper such as insomnia before they reach the ovarian level.
The tissues and cells that make up our ovaries are very sensitive to chemicals. Our thyroid also, Think of them as velcro like. They attract things like heavy metals and store them.
Solutions: Increase your GSH levels daily!
Support your mitochondria with Energy Enhancer patches
Engage in a week, month or three months of purification practices (read my blog- from sweating to eliminating to simply drinking the SP DEtox powder shakes daily- it’s SO EASY), intermittent fasting is ideal. Targeted supplements with meals and micro-dosing in between will make an immediate difference.
Breath work- essential for the emotion of fertility challenges as well as purifying your lungs- the foundation of your energetic body/cellular health.
Supplements: Wheat Germ Oil and OVEX and/or Ovatrophin PMG.
Jennifer Waters is a Diplomat & Licensed Acupuncturist, Certified Arvigo Therapist, and Master Photobiomodulation Light Therapist. Her passion is discovering the root cause of disease so that you can lead a life free from suffering. She has had the privilege of working in private practice with countless women, men & children for over 20 years. Jennifer created the Optimizing Egg Quality With Phototherapy program after hearing from so many women looking for non-pill approaches to health. Jennifer has been a practitioner of Zen meditation for the past 30 years and attributes her mental and emotional stability to the profound practice of zazen.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website or newsletter are based upon the opinions of Jennifer Waters and her office co-mates, unless otherwise noted. Individual articles are based upon the opinions of the respective author, who retains copyright as marked. Jennifer Waters and her team encourage you to make your own health care decisions based on your research in partnership with a qualified health professional.