Detox Your Body for Fertility Enhancement
Toxic chemicals are now considered to be the primary cause of most diseases, including Infertility. If you are trying to conceive, you need to detox, it’s that simple.
*Sources of Toxins
10% Health and Beauty Aids
5% House and Yard Chemicals
Think broadly: Exogenous (listed above), Endogenous (poorly detoxified hormones, get derived), Optional (alcohol, food, tobacco, perfume)
Chemicals to detox:
Cadmium (Soy), Mercury (Fish), Arsenic (waters, rice, chicken) are just a few. There are a lot more.
You need glutathione to support your body to naturally detox. Precursor to endogenous glutathione is N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC); or you can supplement with lypo spheric- Designs for Health- topical or oral. Almonds also increase the body’s glutathione.
Use Selenium to help detox mercury. Selenium naturally occurs in brazil and other nuts.
First step: Prepare: 8 weeks to prepare then 1 week to detox
Strategies: Do not buy anything or let anything into your house or life that has known toxins. This includes cleaning products, air freshener/sprays, beauty products. Minimize your use of aluminum foil.
Buy an air cleaner and water filter. Depending on where you leave, ie, near a highway
Plants: NASA did a study re: which plants absorb specific toxins that you may have been exposed to.
Be very careful when eating fish: Bigger fish have more mercury. Smaller fish have less. Tuna is the most contaminated. Farmed fish is lower in mercury but higher in PCB’s. Wild fish is way better but you have to choose wisely.
Washing your non-organic food will help decrease chemical exposure. Soak in a baking soda mixture. How you store your food also really matters. Try to eliminate cans completely.
Dirty dozen www.EWG.org lists which foods most definitely need to be organic.
Clothing, especially children’s flame retardant,
Mold is also a major toxin, mycotoxins are very bad in your environment.
High fructose corn syrup is a toxin
Alcohol and majiruna (CBD is good, just don’t smoke)
Prescription drugs are also a major toxin. You need to balance out what you are taking
Too much salt can decrease the kidney’s ability to detox
Clean up and repair your gut!
Common gut dysfunction- H.Pylori is common gut bacteria that can be treated with the Chinese Herb Huang Lian Su.
Reestablish healthy gut flora- Biohm is a great product, Thorne, SEED
Doing a colon cleanse will help; it’s generally not the problem with the food, it’s a problem with the gut. Standard Process has some good detox products as does
Then repair the liver next.
Diet can really impact liver detox (ie cabbage, artichoke, dandelion). Eat a lot of fiber since it dramatically increases our ability to remove toxins.
Next, repair the kidneys
Stop the damage then support the repair- I like Dr. Jake Fratkin’s Kidney Detox formula.
Beet juice and blueberries also improve kidney function of the kidney and protect from endotoxins.
You can get a test to measure specific toxins and also for total body load
Sauna therapy for good for detox
Primary toxins to eliminate: Arsenic, Mercury, Cadmium
From where do we need to detox? Gut, Liver, Kidneys and Brain
- Marie Kondo your home. You can go room by room but please think of your rooms as part of the whole. If you clear up your bedroom, for example, but the rest of your house is cluttered, this is not the way to raise your overall vibration and get unstuck.
- Marie Kondo your mind. Use the mindfulness bell set randomly, to encourage you to take note of your thoughts. The untrained mind goes negative. Try to get neutral or positive. This, and all times, it is very important to focus collectively on what we want vs. what we don’t want. Negative predictions of the apocalypse are not helpful. How are you honestly right now? For most of us listening to this, reading this, we are okay.
- Plan to live the Detox Lifestyle. Start with taking inventory of your cleaning products, beauty products and health products. Unfortunately, the health industry is now a big money making industry so beware of nice looking labels. Natural flavoring is MSG!! Be diligent.
- Start by adding in foods and targeted nutritional products to PRIME yourself. Making an iceless smoothie daily is a perfect way to start adding in natural heavy metal chelators and superfoods that begin to pull out unwanted toxins.
- After you add in super healthy real food items, you can then start taking away. We don’t want you to feel lacking during this time. There is plenty of time for that in the future. So as you add, you can begin to take away (processed foods, anything with a paragraph of ingredients, frozen food, non-organic coffee & teas, etc.).
How do we DETOX from a TCM viewpoint? We get our organs to function better. We clear heat, circulate blood and qi. It’s that simple. Night sweats, irritability, fatigue, chronic negative emotions, these are all symptoms that our primary organs, or the ZANG-FU, are not functioning well. By regulating our organs, our bodies will do what it is designed to do: DETOX, self-regenerate.
Choose: All organic fruits and veggies when possible. General rule- if you are going to eat the skin, make it organic. If not, ie, avocado, non-organic is fine. Whole foods are always the best choice. Shop on the perimeter of the grocery store, not the aisles!
Check out Anthony Williams blog for more ideas on how to detox heavy metals. His smoothies include: Spirulina, Dulse, Barley Green powder and wild blueberries. Adding Cilantro is also a great way to facilitate chelating out heavy metals.
Soup stock, either made from bones or veggies. For blood deficiency however, bone broth soup has all the amino acids you need. You can purchase some already made or make your own at home. It’s great in a thermos so you can sip on it all day long.
Caffeine during your detox. Green tea is best if you need a little.
Too much liquid with meals, this dilutes your digestive fire and decreases absorption of nutrients. Drinking in between meals is best.
Dairy during your detox. This can create dampness and phlegm in your body.
Eating on the run or while stress- always eat when you can be still, present and relaxed.
Don’t skip meals and try to eat lunch between 12-2 daily.
LI4, LIV 3, SP6, ST36, ST 40, SP 9, Ren 12, DU 20, LI 11 will all help the body to naturally detoxify.
If using the InLight Therapy system, use the “A” setting over the eyes, over the navel and low back for 20 minutes in the morning, 20 minutes after lunch during your siesta and the “B” setting in the evening right before bed. LED Light Therapy will release Nitric Oxide, which benefits detox as an antibacterial and antiviral. It also helps increase circulation and lymphatic stimulation.
- Aerobic exercise to 30 minutes, 3x/week
- Engage in regular exercise such as brisk walking, gently cycling. Yoga or qigong daily as you feel up for it
- Try to have a siesta daily after lunch for 20 minutes (this is a great time for your Light nap!)
- Sauna Therapy is ideal- SWEAT OUT TOXINS! Wipe off the sweat as it is coming out. You do not want to reabsorb your toxic sweat.
Zeolite: Easy way to begin chelating out heavy metals. Very affordable, you can put drops in your water and drink throughout the day or first thing in the morning.
Milk Thistle: Standard Process has a very good one. This will help the liver to regenerate and function better
Glutathione: Lypo Spheric is the only way
Stinging Nettles infusions are an excellent daily tonic for quickly regaining high quality blood. If you can’t make an infusion, which is plant material mixed with boiling water overnight or at least 4 hours, then make a strong tea. You can steep organic leaves or tea bags in high water for 10-12 minutes for a potent extraction.
Detox Tea: www.ArvigoTherapy.com has a very good, bitter blend. You can purchase many others at your local health food store. This can be part of your detox lifestyle.
Dr. Jake Fratkin has two very good Traditional Chinese Medicine herbal tinctures to detox the Liver and detox the Kidney. I suggest doing each annually or more depending on your health concerns.
Supplements: www.JenniferWaters.world/solutions you can purchase Standard Process supplements from my website.
Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy: www.ArvigoTherapy.com
Visit the www.NCCAOM.org website for a list of qualified Acupuncture and Chinese Herbalists near you.
Visit www.JenniferWaters.world for a telehealth consult for health and fertility strategies related to diet, nutrition, meditation, self-care massage, acupuncture points for your diagnosis.
*The Toxin Solution: How Hidden Poisons in the Air, Water, Food, and Products We Use Are Destroying Our Health- And What We Can Do To Fix It by Dr. Joseph Pizzorno
Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility by Sami S. David, MD
& Jill Blakeway, LAc
The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies by Randing Lewis, Ph.D., MSOM